Practicing Creativity

IBS's new French Background stamps and Big Notes in French II—vintage French rooster card

Our Inspired by Stamping June release designer sneak peeks continue. Today our creative ladies are using stamps from the new French Backgrounds and Big Notes in French II sets. When I saw French Backgrounds' chicken wire background stamp, I knew I had to use it for my release project! I stamped on blank vintage paper to create my chicken wire paper. The paper then made me think of the French roosterthe symbol of Franceso I chose a vintage rooster image to use with my paper.


Carrying on with the French theme, I used the fleur de lis stamp from IBS's Washi Tape set along the bottom of the card. Doesn't this and the background stamp look just like true printed vintage paper?! I think these stamps are amazing!


I used the Merci Beaucoup sentiment from the new Big Notes in French II set on the front of the card. I have ALL the IBS "Big" sets. Really truly, you just can't beat these for value. They work inside or outside your card. Inside the card I used another "Big" sentimentgratitude alwaysfrom IBS's Big Notes II set. I used a bit of my leftover chicken wire paper at the bottom of the inside as a border.


Some black paper twine and a fleur de lis charm complete the French theme.


Follow the links below to see what other IBS designers have up their creative sleeves today:
Joanna Munster (Owner)
Gloria Stengel

Contest!!! June 6th—June 10th IBS owner Joanna Munster, will be giving away blog candy. Each day one lucky winner will receive that day's featured stamp set. Winners will be announced daily on the June Winners Page at 7:00 p.m. Brisbane time the following day. You must leave a comment on her blog to be eligible to win, only one comment per person and each winner will be randomly selected. 

Material

Stamps from Inspired by Stamping's French Backgrounds and Big Notes in French II sets (available in the store 10 June), as well as Washi Tape and Big Notes II sets, vintage papers and image, cardstock, twine and charm.

8 comments

  1. How cute! Love how you used the rooster picture. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is the bomb-diggity. So pretty/ The rooster pic was a wonderful addition as was the fleur de lis charm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very vintagey and lovely and if I could I would have commented in French :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card. I love that rooster image. So unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Shani, this is tres elegant! I love the whole French theme, carried through every element. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really GREAT card! No detail left out and nothing too much...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card....a perfect "French Country" card...love how you finish the insides of your cards as beautifully as the outside, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Pursuant to EU Data Protection and privacy legislation GDPR, by commenting here you agree that your name and comment are visible to all Paperesse.com blog visitors and thereby consent to the use of your personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for your comment.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig