Practicing Creativity

Recycled paper vintage Mother's Day card with birds─Happy Earth Day!

I was so excited to see the Joanna Sheen Challenge theme for this week─recycle. Look around my blog a bit and you'll see this is one theme that's right up my crafting alley. The challenge is to use recycled items on a project and given that today's Earth Day, I think this is a very appropriate challenge.

This Mother's Day card I have made uses all recycled or repurposed papers, with the exception of the card base itself. I used old sheet music, book end pages, blank book pages and dividers. The Happy Mother's Day sentiment is from Inspired by Stamping's All Year Wishes II set. IBS stamps are wonderfully versatile, they complement any style.


I tried very hard not to use anything new, even the ribbon is vintage, but I couldn't find anything old to suit the flower, so yes, the brad in the center of the flower is new. You could say I even recycled a stamp. The stamp I used on the tab─from my heart to yours─is from Inspired by Stamping's Be Mine Valentine set.


On the inside of the card I used the IBS Big Notes II set. I love these Big Notes sets, I use them a lot. The large type face means they works equally well inside the card as a sentiment, or outside on the card face.


I have a file where I keep my bits and pieces of old paper. I raided my stash for this project. I have several sheets from an old bird book. I liked this image for Mother's Day. As you can tell, I didn't end up using the buttons.


This ribbon is one of several large spools I have. I got a huge box of these vintage ribbons years ago for only 10 Swiss francs (about $10) and I'm still using them!


Material

Stamps─Inspired by Stamping All Year Wishes II,
 Be Mine, Big Notes II
Ink─Distress Walnut Stain, Black Soot
Paper─Cardstock, notebook divider sheet, vintage book pages, sheet music, and end papers
Dies─Die-namics ovals and rectangles, Memory Box flower

6 comments

  1. I ADORE this card Shani! SWOONING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card. Gorgeous image and layout, and love the papers and embellies. Ashamed to say that I've had that flower die for ages and never used it but I will now...you've shown just how beautiful the die cut can be from it.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! I have saved church bulletins and cards I received from others and have used pictures from them throughout the years to make cards, so I love this one. You certainly put the idea of recycling over the top with this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow. I love all the elements you pulled together for this Mom's Day card. And I'm drooling over the ribbon you found!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and wonderfully designed. I wish I did vintage as well as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful design.Beautiful card.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete

Pursuant to EU Data Protection and privacy legislation GDPR, by commenting here you agree that your name and comment are visible to all Paperesse.com blog visitors and thereby consent to the use of your personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for your comment.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig